The Satellite® M55 Series is! This model features a lightning-fast Intel® Celeron® M Processor to increase your productivity, wireless capabilities to keep you working on the go and an ultra-lightweight (under 5.4 pounds*) chassis, it's everything you need from a high-performance notebook. But it's not all work. The Satellite® M55-S135 also features a DVD SuperMulti Drive, an enormous 80GB (5400rpm) hard drive, a wide-view 14" diagonal WXGA display with TruBrite™ technology, SRS speaker technology for a richer, fuller sound and a stylish peacock blue case. The Satellite® M55-S135 - it's everything you want it to be.
* Hard Drive: The 80 GB hard drive (5400 RPM) is a bit above average in size for notebook PCs, and its capacity is a welcome size for road warriors.
* Processor: The Intel Celeron M Processor 370 is designed specifically for mobile computing, offering a balanced level of mobile-optimized processor technology, good mobile performance, and exceptional value. The 1.5 GHz speed resides at the top of the spectrum for this processor (as of June 2005). It also features a 400 MHz front-side bus (FSB) and large 1 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system's performance.)
* Memory: The 512 MB of built-in memory (2 x 256 MB, PC2700, DDR SDRAM) is a good start for power users. It has two memory slots in total, with a maximum memory expansion up to 2 GB (2 x 1024 MB).
* CD/DVD Drive: The double-layer DVD drive is compatible with a wide range of formats, including both DVD+RW and DVD-RW discs as well as CD-RW discs.
* Keyboard & Mouse: This notebook has a standard 86-key keyboard and electro-static two-button touchpad.
Screen, Graphics and Sound
The M55-S135 has a 14-inch TruBrite TFT screen. The integrated Intel Extreme Graphics video/graphics card (with up to 64 MB of shared video memory) is adequate for streaming Internet video, but won't be enough for today's demanding immersive 3D games. It also features an integrated audio card with headphone and microphone jacks.
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home SP2, Intel Celeron M Processor 1.5Hz , 512MB DDR RAM( DDR333 (PC2700)), 80 GB Hard Drive, Dual Layer DVD±RW, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, Video Memory 8MB-128MB Shared, Integrated Modem, Integrated LAN, Integrated Wireless LAN, Weight 4.98 lbs, Display-WXGA with TruBrite™ technology 14".
more info at TigerDirect, Amazon
This is a great computer; the sound on this notebook is one of the best I have heard in a notebook. Toshiba's on average have great sound, but the forward facing speakers along with the SRS virtual sound give a spectacular performance for this notebook. The 80 GB Hard dive is fast, and the screen is a TruBrite which is exactly equal to an XBrite screen in other notebooks.
My personal opinion is that and average person only really needs 1GHz to 1.5GHz even for demanding applications and multitasking. The 2GHz & 3GHz computers are just for extreme users like gamers and people running demanding apps, otherwise Intel & AMD pushed the higher end processors and used its marketing ploys to make it seem like the normal user needed the extra processing power when really they do not!! What I am trying to say is that there is NO noticeable speed difference between a 1.7 GHz, 1.5 GHz. Saying that, paying an extra $200 to $300 for a extra 20GB and a processor that performs exactly the same does not justified the price difference, I mean between the M55-135 & the M55-235. The only really significant difference in a computers operational speed comes from the RAM and the 135 & 235 have exactly the same amount 512MB.)I recommend this computer highly for travelers or business men who want a notebook to work on the road and want something light to bring around without sacrificing any features. Furthermore, the M55-135 is a better value over the M55-235, the 1.7GHz & 100 GB hard drive does not justify the price difference between the two identical models.I am a technology guy and that is my opinion.
This site Recommends PriceRunner - Compare Prices Before You Shop!